    access them. I can see and access them from the Slave computer though.
    How can I dump the whole network from each computer and start over.?
    Thanks

    larryw, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Hi

    Total "Dump" is probably reformatting and reinstalling the OS.

    Close to total "Dump". Disable, or take out the NICs and boot one time
    without them, then put them back and reconfigure the Network.

    No"Dump", just refreshing here, http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet

    However, successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network
    settings, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    to be shared.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 25, 2006

  3. Since SP 2 for XP file sharing in a work group enviroment is not as friendly
    as it was.

    Setting up a work group(home network) is not to big of a job. What is the
    purpose of each computer and who uses them? If i know this I can tell you
    what I would do.
    Then you take what you want :).

    =?Utf-8?B?Sl9HSVJBRkZF?=, Apr 25, 2006
  4. larryw

    justintime Guest

    The master is my working computer, The slave is what the wife uses
    rarely and what I do a lot of transferring files to. The Laptop I use
    upstairs and would like to transfer from/to the Master. The media
    computer I use to record HD TV programs and I use the laptop to keep a
    check on it with winvnc, which works ok.
    The problem is I can not access the Master from The Laptop or the Slave,
    never tried from the Media. It says contract the admin. Although it
    shows up in the network computers.

    From the Slave I can NOT copy or paste to/from the Master
    From the Laptop I can NOT copy or past to/from the Master
    From the Slave I can copy and past to the Laptop
    From The Master I can copy and paste onto the Slave.
    From The Master I can copy and past stuff on the Laptop

    So It seems that the Master is the problem. I have activated sharing and
    let others modify my settings but still dont work.

    I live in the boonies so I just wanted an open network to share files
    between computers.

    thanks

    justintime, Apr 25, 2006
  5. larryw

    Socrates Guest

    The problem is I can not access the Master from The Laptop or the Slave,
    never tried from the Media. It says contract the admin. Although it
    shows up in the network computers.

    You must "share" the required folders on the network - right click on the relevant folder and select share.

    www.amw1.com/faq

    Socrates, Apr 25, 2006
  6. larryw

    justintime Guest

    Im way beyond the basics, Every thing on ALL computers is already shared.

    justintime, Apr 26, 2006