    well! Anyone have any software suggestions that fit the bill?

    Thanks
    Glenn
    SBFan2000, Jul 13, 2006

  2. SBFan2000

    Tony Guest

    I have set up many clients of mine with a USB drive attached to a computer on a network, shared and
    have automatic backups sent to it.

    I use a great little program called Second Copy 2000. There is newer version of it and it only
    costs $29. http://www.centered.com/ You can schedule, what, when, where, how, etc. You can do
    complete backups or synchronize the destination with the source, so when you delete a source file,
    the destination file deletes also. Here's some info:

    New Windows XP style user interface Two-way Synchronization
    Up to 256-bit AES encryption Automatic detection/deletion during synchronization
    FTP support Run profiles at Windows shutdown
    Enhanced compression Automatic scheduled copies
    E-mail notification Multi-threaded background processing
    Run as a service Universal Naming Convention (UNC) support
    Preview profile activity before running Password protect profiles
    Run profile when files change Archival of up to 25 old versions
    Disk spanning Support for hardware profiles

    Tony

    Tony, Jul 23, 2006