    the Xp ones on the network.
    If not, is there a workaround for this.

    Thankyou for any help

    joni, Feb 6, 2004

  2. joni

    Boomer Guest

    joni wrote:
    > I have 6 machines networked, 4 are XP pro
    > and the other 2 are Win98se.
    > If i was to convert Xp machines to NTFS
    > would the Win98 machines beable to see
    > the Xp ones on the network.
    > If not, is there a workaround for this.
    >
    > Thankyou for any help

    We don't do XPee in here.

    Boomer, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Yeah it would make no difference over the network.

    Kristian Davies, Feb 6, 2004
  4. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:bvvkr8$c0g$,
    joni <> typed
    || I have 6 machines networked, 4 are XP pro
    || and the other 2 are Win98se.
    || If i was to convert Xp machines to NTFS
    || would the Win98 machines beable to see
    || the Xp ones on the network.

    The 98 machines will still be able to access the data on the XP machines
    because it's the XP machines actually reading and writing the data.

    The only thing you will need to worry about is once you have NTFS up and
    running, is if you change any permissions on the shared files or folders.

    Robert de Brus, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Howdy!

    "joni" <> wrote in message
    > I have 6 machines networked, 4 are XP pro
    > and the other 2 are Win98se.
    > If i was to convert Xp machines to NTFS
    > would the Win98 machines beable to see
    > the Xp ones on the network.

    Sure!

    > If not, is there a workaround for this.

    *blink* Why would you need a workaround?

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 7, 2004