    Will it work with a second RJ45 card or do I need to configure the telewest
    card.

    Thanks for any help.

    Ged, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Ged

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:43:53 +0100, Ged wrote:

    Which post do you want answered? This one or the one 6 minutes earlier?

    >Hi
    >
    >I`m Installing a LAN card in a PC for a friend so that he can copy files to
    >his
    >laptop etc. He`s with Telewest Broadband and there is already a network card

    See,
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    http://www.wown.com/

    (You didn't mention which OS)
    >installed.

    If Internet sharing is also required try connection sharing software,
    like ICS maybe.
    Others are WinRoute
    http://www.deerfield.com/products/winroute-firewall/
    or Sygate Home Network
    http://smb.sygate.com/

    >Will it work with a second RJ45 card or do I need to configure the telewest
    >card.

    Is there something wrong with the BB NIC? If not you don't need to
    change it's settings.

    >Thanks for any help.

    Best combination, for file and Internet sharing.

    Simple method, go an buy a router and patch cables . Register the router
    MAC address in BY selfcare,
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/selfcare/
    Plug the CM into the router WAN port, plug in the PCs (PCs have TCP/IP
    set to obtain setting automatically) to the router LAN ports and reboot
    everything CM, router, PCs. (The MAC registrarion varies, it could be 5
    minutes or several hours to work after the change)

    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/
    http://www.by-users.co.uk/

    there is also this newsgroup,
    blueyonder.users.self-help.networking

    Me

    why?, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Arvel Hathcock, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Ged

    why? Guest

    why?, Oct 18, 2003
  5. (Arvel Hathcock) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > If Internet sharing is also required try connection sharing software,
    > > like ICS maybe.
    > > Others are WinRoute
    > > http://www.deerfield.com/products/winroute-firewall/

    > Why go to Deerfield for WinRoute? Just go straight to the authors
    > http://www.kerio.com.
    >
    > Arvel

    Mr. Hathcock - obviously you have an issue with deerfield. Leave us
    out of it! Why should I care about your opinion? If you want to offer
    assistance on your product fine! but don't drag the rest of us into
    your personal battles.

    I'm sure _your_ partners that sell _your_ products appreciate the fact
    you're telling customers to buy from the manufacture. It's obvious you
    hold little value to your distribution channel.

    Doug

    Doug Merchant, Oct 30, 2003
  6. (Doug Merchant) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Arvel Hathcock) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > > If Internet sharing is also required try connection sharing software,
    > > > like ICS maybe.
    > > > Others are WinRoute
    > > > http://www.deerfield.com/products/winroute-firewall/

    > > Why go to Deerfield for WinRoute? Just go straight to the authors
    > > http://www.kerio.com.
    > >
    > > Arvel

    > Mr. Hathcock - obviously you have an issue with deerfield.

    Thanks 'Doug'.

    I just asked a simple and obvious question. Rather than answer the
    question you attack me? What's the point in that?

    Arvel

    Arvel Hathcock, Oct 30, 2003
  7. > > > > If Internet sharing is also required try connection sharing software,

    > > > Why go to Deerfield for WinRoute? Just go straight to the authors
    > > > http://www.kerio.com.
    > > >
    > > > Arvel

    > > Mr. Hathcock - obviously you have an issue with deerfield.

    > Thanks 'Doug'.
    >
    > I just asked a simple and obvious question. Rather than answer the
    > question you attack me? What's the point in that?
    >
    > Arvel

    You must be running for office... That's amazing how you turned the
    post into my problem. Bravo!

    I would consider your question "Why go to Deerfield for WinRoute?"
    legitimate if you had left it at that. But really, what value did that
    add to the thread?

    Perhaps the previous poster suggested deerfield because of positive
    past experiences with the company.

    The only "value" I've taken from this thread is that you hold little
    regard for your distribution channel. I suppose everyone looking for
    your product should go directly to you.

    Let me get this straight - Al Gore created the Internet and you're
    tasked with making sure everyone gets in line behind you. Beautiful!

    Doug Merchant, Oct 31, 2003
  8. > I would consider your question "Why go to Deerfield for WinRoute?"
    > legitimate if you had left it at that.

    I did "just leave it at that" but you continue to feel the need to
    attack me for some reason.

    > Let me get this straight - Al Gore created the Internet and you're
    > tasked with making sure everyone gets in line behind you. Beautiful!

    Ha ha! Where is this coming from?

    Arvel

    Arvel Hathcock, Nov 1, 2003
  9. (Arvel Hathcock) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > If Internet sharing is also required try connection sharing software,
    > > like ICS maybe.
    > > Others are WinRoute
    > > http://www.deerfield.com/products/winroute-firewall/

    > Why go to Deerfield for WinRoute? Just go straight to the authors
    > http://www.kerio.com.
    >
    > Arvel

    This is not a hard question to answer.

    There are a number of reasons why a customer would elect to purchase
    from a software vendor's sales channel partner, vs. the software
    vendor themselves. These reasons include, price, convenience,
    support, previous experience, localization, and other value added
    services and products to name a few. Legitimate software companies
    understand the value of sales channels to their customer, and that's
    why they build them.

    Mike Deerfield
    CEO - Deerfield.com
    http://www.deerfield.com

    Mike Deerfield, Nov 3, 2003
  10. > > Why go to Deerfield for WinRoute? Just go straight to the authors
    > > http://www.kerio.com.

    > This is not a hard question to answer.
    >
    > There are a number of reasons why a customer would elect to purchase
    > from a software vendor's sales channel partner, vs. the software
    > vendor themselves. These reasons include, price, convenience,
    > support, previous experience, localization, and other value added
    > services and products to name a few. Legitimate software companies
    > understand the value of sales channels to their customer, and that's
    > why they build them.

    Hi Mike!

    I do understand fully the value of sales partners. I have a very
    large sales partner network myself after all and have just returned
    from a trip which was focused in large measure on building it up
    further: (http://www.altn.com/press/press_release.asp?ReleaseID=81).
    To be perfectly candid, I'm not sure you would be my first choice for
    advise on sales channel related issues.

    However, this is not the point under discussion. I did not ask the
    question "What is the benefit of a sales channel". I asked this
    question: "Why go to Deerfield for WinRoute". This, of course, is a
    completely different question and remains entirely unanswered (so
    far).

    I would love to debate with you the pros and cons of selecting
    Deerfield as a WinRoute vendor. I leave it to you to make that
    decision.

    Arvel

    Arvel Hathcock, Nov 4, 2003
  11. Arvel Hathcock, Dec 3, 2003