    Thank you
    Regards,
    Huey
    Huey, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Huey

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:05:17 -0400, Huey wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >Will a simple crossover cable between 2 puters allow full duplex and

    puters?

    Yes thay should operate at FD, as there is no other connection (as with
    a hub) there is no need to listen for collisions as no collision domain
    exists. Some NICs will auto detect this condition and switch to FD.

    Pinout
    http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/network/cable/cable5.htm

    >the speed of a switch or is there something in the switch that enables

    It's not really a case of speed (switches can now operate at 10/100/1000
    on copper, although I don't recall seeing 10FD in actual operation, but
    older Cabletron switches allowed that setting) , again NICs that auto
    detect should also switch to 100Mbps, but most NIC drivers allow a
    choice of manual settings.

    The switch creates a point-to-point link between each device, hence
    again no contention on the line and FD is possible.

    >the duplex?

    Usual places to try for more info
    http://www.helmig.com/
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    http://duxcw.com/faq/network/

    Me
    why?, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Huey

    Huey Guest

    Thank youOn Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:42:52 GMT, why?

    Huey, Sep 22, 2003