    work. I have tried to ping the router and modem on both computers but only
    the laptop seems to work the desktop just hangs at the command prompt. Both
    are running windows xp professional with sp2 installed. anyone any ideas?

    Steve Shipping, Jun 27, 2005

  2. First check File and Printer sharing to see if it's enabled, then select
    individual files and folders to share by right clicking on them and selecting
    Sharing and Security. You will not be able to share system folders. There are
    more steps to review like the same Workgroup name on all computers. Research
    file sharing here:

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=, Jun 28, 2005