    Andy.h Guest

    I found the network very slow and network connection getting disconnected
    very frequently?
    Andy.h, Mar 9, 2009

  2. Andy.h wrote:

    > I found the network very slow and network connection getting
    > disconnected very frequently?

    Thanks for the information. We'll be on the lookout for it.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 9, 2009

  3. Andy.h

    ~BD~ Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Andy.h wrote:
    >
    >> I found the network very slow and network connection getting
    >> disconnected very frequently?

    > Thanks for the information. We'll be on the lookout for it.

    No doubt there is a simple explanation of why you didn't answer the
    *question*, Bts! <smile>

    Whilst here ....... please will you prompt my memory as to the origin of
    your user name? I have a vague recollection of it being used by folk
    during my time in the Royal Navy but cannot pin it down!
    ~BD~, Mar 9, 2009
  4. ~BD~ wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Andy.h wrote:
    >>> I found the network very slow and network connection getting
    >>> disconnected very frequently?

    >> Thanks for the information. We'll be on the lookout for it.

    > No doubt there is a simple explanation of why you didn't answer the
    > *question*, Bts! <smile>

    Well, I did go test my network and found my connection was running at
    9,532Kbps, so I guess the problem hadn't reached me yet.

    > Whilst here ....... please will you prompt my memory as to the origin
    > of your user name? I have a vague recollection of it being used by
    > folk during my time in the Royal Navy but cannot pin it down!

    I don't know of any connection to the RN. It's been my nom de plume for
    about 35 years... :)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 9, 2009
  5. Andy.h

    ~BD~ Guest

    ~BD~, Mar 9, 2009
  6. ~BD~ wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> ... It's been my nom de plume for about 35 years... :)

    > Have you any idea of the origin?
    >
    > Perhaps a character in a book?

    The origin was by me; I don't recall ever seeing it in any publication.
    This of course was long before teh Intarweb. I do see 19,500 google
    hits, and the several pages' worth I scanned all seem to be me... <g>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 9, 2009