    Has some of you had the same problem ?
    Can someone help me, please ?

    Thanks in advance.
    Snake, Sep 5, 2005

  2. what is your connection to the Internet? Are you running DHCP, PPPoE, a
    fixed IP address? Is there a router or gateway between you and your Internet
    connection?

    Some cable providers specifically, and possibly other types of Internet
    connections, have fairly short timeouts on their DHCP addresses, and when
    the address expires it doesn't reconnect properly. (Comcast is a known bad
    actor here, from my personal experience. ) The solution is to put a good
    Internet Gateway/Router between you and the cable connection. The gateway
    seems to have better success reacquiring its IP address.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Snake

    DKI Guest

    Also i Would Recommend he upgrade from RC2 to the Trial of the final version
    since its no longer beta.

    DKI, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Well, actually, I'd recommend going to the full version, if you're using it
    for real work. Using a trial for a production system isn't a great idea.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Snake

    DKI Guest

    Good point

    DKI, Sep 5, 2005
  6. nothing uglier than forgetting you've got a trial version running and coming
    on the Tuesday after a long weekend to discover that your server is
    rebooting every hour because it's a trial version. Or worse, getting the
    call at 2am on a holiday weekend to go in and fix it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 5, 2005
  7. But Charlie, I thought that Trial versions of Windows Server are exact
    replicas of the full versions which means you can standardize on them and if
    you feel its right you move up to real deal which does not expire. Am I
    wrong?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 6, 2005
  8. Nope, you're exactly right. But it is WAY too easy to forget that a
    particular server has a trial version on it. And the only way you find out
    is the thing starts rebooting on you! If he already knows he wants x64 (and
    that appears to be the case from the earlier messages in the thread), then
    it is FAR safer to install the shipping version directly on the server,
    rather than use a trial version temporarily. If it's a production server, it
    should be the full product. IMHO.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 6, 2005
  9. Snake

    Snake Guest

    Thanks for your answers.

    Yes, I forsee to buy the full version, since this is for production.
    To respond to Charlie, I have a fixed IP and so no DCHP.
    I thought the problem was from the RC2 version, but it seems it was not.

    It seems the problem does not occurs any more, since I have removed the
    HTTP port forwarding I put for the local network, because I wanted the
    server has access to internet through the local network interface, when
    it had no public IP.
    I will wait some days to see if the problem occurs again.

    Snake, Sep 6, 2005