    What i'm trying to do is setup pc anywhere so that 1 of the clients can
    access this PC ... but it just like its not there

    Help please.....
    Centurian_Ooo'yabass, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Centurian_Ooo'yabass

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:18:30 GMT, "Centurian_Ooo'yabass"
    <> wrote:

    >Small LAN .. 20 computers .. mix of operating systems on the clients .. 1
    >client in particular is Win NT 4 box, it can ping every other client on the
    >network .. but every client cannot ping it.
    >
    >Have tried changing the ip address (static).. no luck
    >I can map drives to it from the server
    >
    >What i'm trying to do is setup pc anywhere so that 1 of the clients can
    >access this PC ... but it just like its not there
    >
    >Help please.....

    Firewall comes to mind.
    Evan Platt, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Firewall is on the perimiter ... no firewall on the client ...

    Centurian_Ooo'yabass, Apr 28, 2006
  4. Centurian_Ooo'yabass

    Upgradeable Guest

    With your type of problem I take nothing for granted. That said, my
    first question concerns the first layer, Have you changed cables? Did
    you check the pins on the NIC card? Have you reseated the NIC card?
    Are you using a switch or a hub? Have you tried a different port on
    your connecting device? Are you using building network wiring? If so,
    have you tried to connect in the same place with another computer?

    Does the media type (10/100MHz Half/Full Duplex) of the NT box match
    the rest of the network? Is the netmask and gateway match the settings
    for the other networked devices? Is TCP/IP filtering enabled? If so
    disable it.

    There's more to try but these things may steer you in a direction as
    to what's wrong. One other thing to try if you have one is changing
    the NIC card.

    "Given sufficient velocity anything can fit." - Mine

    Upgradeable, Apr 29, 2006
  5. Centurian_Ooo'yabass

    riethorst Guest

    riethorst, Apr 29, 2006