    computers can share?

    Thank you
    Chilimac
    chilimac, Jan 7, 2005

  2. chilimac

    Duane Arnold Guest

    chilimac <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm trying to connect a windows 2000 pro and a win98se over a wireless
    > network. From the windows 2000 computer, I am able to connect to the
    > win 98 machine with no problem.
    >
    > When I try to connect to the windows 2000 computer, a login screen
    > pops up with "Enter Network Connection" "You must supply a password to
    > make this connection" Resource: \\name\IPC$
    >
    > The password for my administrative account does not work and I can't
    > find a network password. When I go to \\name\IPC$ I can't find a
    > password.
    >
    > How can I set a network password or even disable the password so my
    > computers can share?
    >
    > Thank you
    > Chilimac

    You create an account with psw on the Win 2k machine and set it to Never
    Expires if you like. Then when you logon to the Win 98 machine, you use the
    account that you have setup on the Win 2k machine. You should then be able
    to access the Win 2K machine without being prompted to login.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 7, 2005

  3. chilimac

    chilimac Guest