    connected through a hub. Can ping each other. Have been through the network
    wizard repeatedly.

    Any thoughts?
    RS, Sep 25, 2004

  2. RS

    colin Guest

    colin, Sep 25, 2004

  3. RS

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "RS" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I can't seem to get a network to work between a 98 box and an XP box,
    > connected through a hub. Can ping each other. Have been through the
    > network wizard repeatedly.
    >
    > Any thoughts?

    The link may help you.

    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/guidshrh.htm

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Sep 25, 2004
  4. RS

    Jerry G. Guest

    In the network configuration, make sure that the XP firewall is turned off
    to start with. You may have to have NWlink NetBios installed. Look in the
    network set-up for this.

    I have networked Win 95, 98, and ME machines to XP-Pro with full success.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Sep 25, 2004
  5. RS

    Ross Durie Guest

    See http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_filesharing/index.htm.
    Don't use the wizard as it does nothing useful. And don't install NWLink
    NetBIOS. TCP/IP is all you need.

    --
    Ross

    Ross Durie, Sep 26, 2004
  6. RS

    Wizard Guest

    Either turn off Windoz's firewall or use netbeui for local file &
    printer sharing.

    Wizard, Sep 26, 2004