Network Problem...Please Help

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?UXVhdHJvNjQ=?=, Sep 19, 2005.

  1. I have a desktop and a laptop. Both are equiped with wireless g network
    cards and for a while I had them connected through an ad Hoc connection.

    Something recently happened that has caused problems, whether it was
    something else or a mistake of my own, but now it does not work.

    Symptoms:

    The computer will connect to the network, but I cannot get the computers to
    read their respectively shared files. I can click on the "View workgroup
    computers" tab and see my laptop. However, when I try to access the laptop
    from the desktop, a warning pops up that says:
    \\(laptop name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    if you have access permissions. The network path was not found.

    So I try to access the desktop from the laptop and I do not see the desktop
    icon at all. So I try the "View workgroup computers" and a warning message
    pops up that says:
    Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
    resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
    access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently
    available.

    I've followed the Microsoft Troubleshoot page that I really thought would
    solve the problem. I went into the Advanced TCP/IP Settings and enabled the
    NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the WINS tab in the wireless and the Local Area
    Connection (just in case).

    I then followed the instructions and went to Computer Management where I
    started the Browser. The service status is currently at "Started."

    Of course I have run the Network wizard and the wireless network wizard, but
    maybe I'm doing something wrong. File sharing and printer sharing have been
    turned on in both computers.

    Can anyone help me?

    Quatro64

    =?Utf-8?B?UXVhdHJvNjQ=?=, Sep 19, 2005