    This comp and 2 lap tops have Windows XP home
    2 extra computers are both windows 98 SE

    , Feb 4, 2006

  2. Malke Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm going straight to my problem.....
    >
    > I have a comcast cable connected on my router... on my router i have
    > this computer (always active) 2 computers (rarely use) and 2 lap tops
    > connected through wireless (always active as well). all those
    > computers
    > are connected on my netgear mr814v2 router. Basically only this
    > computer and 2 lap tops are the only ones competing for internet.
    > They
    > only use the lap tops for chat and web surfing... I use this computer
    > for gaming (world of warcraft) and downloading of course. I dont
    > really care about the downloading part... i care more about how i lag
    > so bad on my world of warcraft. Cuz everytime my sisters turn on
    > their lap tops.... my latency goes up from less than 100ms to more
    > than
    > 2000ms. For some reason, everytime the lap tops are on, most of the
    > internet dat was on my comp goes to theirs. And leave me with little
    > internet. My cousin's router has the network priority thing... where
    > u can set more bandwidth/latency on gaming .. web...chat.. and all
    > those.
    > I dont have that on my router config. I tried downloading bandwidth
    > manager softwares... it dint help me at all.. either the softwares wer
    > too complicated or it jes didnt work. Is there any other way i can
    > set my network's bandwidth/latency on this computer to the highest and
    > set the lap tops with enough for chat and web surfing?
    >
    > This comp and 2 lap tops have Windows XP home
    > 2 extra computers are both windows 98 SE

    Did you buy the "home networking" package from Comcast when you got
    broadband (assuming it wasn't that long ago)? If so, they limit the
    number of computers and that might be the cause of your problem. If not
    and you just got the cable modem from them and then added the Netgear
    yourself, try a different router.

    We've got Comcast cable with an 8-port Linksys router and a Linksys WAP
    and have more computers than you attached and my son never experiences
    any WoW latency.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Feb 4, 2006

  3. Jack Guest

    Hi
    You can not manage Bandwidth with your Router, it was not design for it.
    You need to get a Router like the one that your cousin is using.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 5, 2006