    ip of the printer and finished up set up and a test page wouldn't print
    or anything else I tried to send to it. Err this is aggravating. Any
    thoughts? Thanks alot.

    msaesxh, Jul 14, 2005

  2. msaesxh

    Duane Arnold Guest

    msaesxh wrote:

    > Alrite so I got an Hp Laserjet 4000t and instead of having a print
    > server, we decided we wanted to free up the print server computer and
    > directly connect the printer to the internet.

    How is it that you somehow set-up the printer to access the Internet? I
    think you mean LAN don't you?

    > I did this, then then
    > tried to add a new printer as a local printer and as a port I used the
    > ip of the printer and finished up set up and a test page wouldn't print
    > or anything else I tried to send to it. Err this is aggravating. Any
    > thoughts? Thanks alot.

    My suggestion would be to contact the printer's Tech Support to help you
    set-up the printer so that it will be a network printer on the LAN.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 14, 2005

  3. msaesxh

    msaesxh Guest

    Nah cause thats what we were doing before, we don't want to have to use
    a print server. Anyway I called hp and if I want tech support I need to
    pay 40 bucks. Ha screw that.

    msaesxh, Jul 14, 2005
  4. msaesxh

    Duane Arnold Guest

    msaesxh wrote:

    > Nah cause thats what we were doing before, we don't want to have to use
    > a print server. Anyway I called hp and if I want tech support I need to
    > pay 40 bucks. Ha screw that.

    What? You have a brand new out the box printer that doesn't have a limited
    time period free support? I find that hard to believe. In addition to that,
    you spend at least a couple 100 dollars for the printer, but you cannot
    spend the $40 to hook it up and use it like you want -- oh well.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 14, 2005
  5. msaesxh

    msaesxh Guest

    Oh no its not new, its old, but we are redoing how the printers are set
    up.

    msaesxh, Jul 14, 2005
  6. msaesxh

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold, Jul 14, 2005
  7. msaesxh

    Seth Guest

    Yeh hi Buddy
    Theres a great computer support website if noone can seem to help ya, it is
    http://computerchatcommunity.bigpondhosting.com last time i checked,
    They are free and have great services

    Thanks,
    Seth