    The printer I want to use is an HP5650deskjet. What is the easiest and
    least expensive way to install the printer with the computers?

    Chuck

    Chuck, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Chuck

    Thor Guest

    Buy a 3 way USB printer/device switch. Install the printer drivers on each
    machine with the printer connected. Then connect the switch.

    Thor, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Chuck

    Night_Seer Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > I have three computers (all USB capable). I would like to use a
    > common printer for all three computers and save some desk space.
    >
    > The printer I want to use is an HP5650deskjet. What is the easiest
    > and least expensive way to install the printer with the computers?
    >
    > Chuck

    Get a print server (assuming all three of these computers are networked
    to some sort of hub).

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Chuck

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Chuck" <> wrote in news:40201883_4@127.0.0.1:

    > I have three computers (all USB capable). I would like to use a common
    > printer for all three computers and save some desk space.
    >
    > The printer I want to use is an HP5650deskjet. What is the easiest and
    > least expensive way to install the printer with the computers?
    >
    > Chuck

    You can get a cheap router for like $20 and let it be the gateway for the
    LAN and hook the printer to one computer. If using MS Networking and File
    and Print Sharing, all your computers can network share the one printer.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Chuck

    Trent© Guest

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:54:10 -0500, "Chuck" <>
    wrote:

    >I have three computers (all USB capable). I would like to use a common
    >printer for all three computers and save some desk space.
    >
    >The printer I want to use is an HP5650deskjet. What is the easiest and
    >least expensive way to install the printer with the computers?

    Get a router with a built-in print server.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 5, 2004