    printer exactly as it was before But it just wont be reconised by the
    networks.

    Cheers and thanks
    Ockerr, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Ockerr

    Keme Guest

    Ockerr wrote:
    > Hi Guy
    > I'm running a Home Networks with 4 Computers, all has been working well.
    > Today I have a problem
    > I cant use the Printer from any of my Network Computers exept my main
    > Computer that is the server.
    > I have added the Printers and Deleted them several times to the other
    > Computers and I Just cant print, I can see the Printers, I have shared
    > them,
    > I have dissconnected my Firewall. I have renamed done every thing I can
    > think off. If I go to one of the Network Computers to do a search for the
    > server Printer I can not find it. So I now presume it is the server
    > settings
    > that are the problem. But I cant see anything wrong, I have Shared the
    > printer exactly as it was before But it just wont be reconised by the
    > networks.
    >
    > Cheers and thanks

    May be stray network traffic. Remedy: Switch EVERYTHING off (printers,
    computers, hubs, switches, routers, modems, etc.). Disconnect from mains
    power, remove batteries from portables and wait a minute or so for
    everything to discharge. Patch things up again and start up.

    Maybe you are using a Workstation OS as a server. Windows workstation
    editions accept up to 5 simultaneous incoming connections (that's what I
    heard). If you provide file and print services from the main computer to
    all other computers, you have 6 connections to the "server". That may be
    the reason for your problem. Try switching one of the computers off
    and see if things start working.
    Keme, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Ockerr

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Keme" <> wrote in message
    > Ockerr wrote:
    >> Hi Guy
    >> I'm running a Home Networks with 4 Computers, all has been working well.
    >> Today I have a problem
    >> I cant use the Printer from any of my Network Computers exept my main
    >> Computer that is the server.
    >> I have added the Printers and Deleted them several times to the other
    >> Computers and I Just cant print, I can see the Printers, I have shared
    >> them,
    >> I have dissconnected my Firewall. I have renamed done every thing I can
    >> think off. If I go to one of the Network Computers to do a search for the
    >> server Printer I can not find it. So I now presume it is the server
    >> settings
    >> that are the problem. But I cant see anything wrong, I have Shared the
    >> printer exactly as it was before But it just wont be reconised by the
    >> networks.
    >>
    >> Cheers and thanks
    >>

    > Maybe you are using a Workstation OS as a server. Windows workstation
    > editions accept up to 5 simultaneous incoming connections (that's what I
    > heard).

    That's Windows XP Home that only allows 5 connections.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Mar 28, 2005
  4. Ockerr

    Keme Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    > "Keme" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Ockerr wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi Guy
    >>>I'm running a Home Networks with 4 Computers, all has been working well.
    >>>Today I have a problem
    >>>I cant use the Printer from any of my Network Computers exept my main
    >>>Computer that is the server.
    >>>I have added the Printers and Deleted them several times to the other
    >>>Computers and I Just cant print, I can see the Printers, I have shared
    >>>them,
    >>>I have dissconnected my Firewall. I have renamed done every thing I can
    >>>think off. If I go to one of the Network Computers to do a search for the
    >>>server Printer I can not find it. So I now presume it is the server
    >>>settings
    >>>that are the problem. But I cant see anything wrong, I have Shared the
    >>>printer exactly as it was before But it just wont be reconised by the
    >>>networks.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers and thanks
    >>>

    >>Maybe you are using a Workstation OS as a server. Windows workstation
    >>editions accept up to 5 simultaneous incoming connections (that's what I
    >>heard).

    > That's Windows XP Home that only allows 5 connections.
    >
    > Duane :)

    OK, thanks.

    Drifting slightly off topic, but I think it's worth mentioning: I did
    encounter a limit when trying to use Win 2000 pro as a license server,
    too, but did not count the clients connected when the service stopped
    responding. (Potentially 100+ clients on that connection). Switching to
    a Win 2000 server edition solved the problem.
    Keme, Mar 28, 2005
  5. Ockerr

    Jana Guest

    You can try to do a full power down, and reset of everything to start. If
    you are running XP, make sure that all the firewalls in everything is turned
    off to start. Turn off any other software firewalls.

    I had on one small system a problem where there were some network faults.
    Doing a full reset of the router, and setting it back up again fixed it.
    I've had a few other instances where the client decided to get wise and
    installed a Firewall software. After, he called me to tell me that nothing
    can talk to each other anymore. I had to come over to his place, and cleanup
    and fix what he did.

    --

    JANA
    _____