Network Printer wont Print..UPDATE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ockerr, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. Ockerr

    Ockerr Guest

    Hi Guys
    Thanks for the help so far.
    I have tried all that was suggested.
    But I still Cant see the Server Printer from my Network Computers
    it is Shared, It works fine from the server, It is Ticked as the default
    Printer But it cant be seen or used from the Network. From the Network I
    can
    access all the server Files, But not the printer. I have installed Drivers
    on the Network printer for it But that is no help. ( No good the Driver if
    you cant see the Printer) Yet I have put another Printer on the server and
    it is seen by the Network it is a Hp930 But I cant use it as its is Faded
    out. I havent mentioned it But the Server is running XP Pro and the
    Network
    is Win98se. The Printer has been working for Months, But My Wife decided
    use her Computer and the server wasnt switched on, so of Course she
    couldnt
    Print. So I switched the server on and restarted all the Computers and the
    Printer hasnt worked again Via the networks. Today I tried another friends
    Computer He has Xp Pro on his Computer and I can see the Server printer
    and
    it works, But not now with the Win98 se.
    I was wondering if a Windows auto update has gone into my server, un
    noticed
    and changed some setting that I cant find.. Remember,,This has just
    happened
    over night its been okay for months.

    Thanks Guys Much appreciate your Help

    Ockerr, Mar 29, 2005