    except after clicking Finish, I go to check my print and fax folder and
    there's nothing there! I try to print and the print wizard comes up telling
    me there no printer.
    Monster, Jul 6, 2005

  2. You said pick the printer from the list, wouldn't you choose Have Disk since
    you are installing the drivers for it from another location? Since it seems
    you downloaded the drivers specifically from brother since they did not come
    by default with XP Pro x64 it seems.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 6, 2005

  3. Monster

    Monster Guest

    as I said, I selected the inf file that came with the drivers. The only way
    to do that is through the have disk which I did.

    I took some screenshots of the step
    http://www.verbalass.com/n1.jpg
    http://www.verbalass.com/n2.jpg
    http://www.verbalass.com/n3.jpg

    and in the printers folder, I right clicked and selected "server
    properties". You can see the drivers are installed in the second picture and
    the network port is setup exactly like it did on the 32bit version of xp

    http://www.verbalass.com/p1.jpg
    http://www.verbalass.com/p2.jpg

    so the drivers are installed, the network port is installed, I can ping the
    printer on the network by name and by ip except x64 seems to be unable to
    add it as a printer. Could this be security related? my firewall is off tho

    Monster, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Monster

    Monster Guest

    nevermind I fixed it. I had to add a local printer (not network printer!)
    and then select a network port for the local printer.

    Monster, Jul 7, 2005
  5. Monster

    M. Murcek Guest

    Question there, Monster. Is your printer instance still present in the
    Printers and Faxes folder after a restart, or do you have to re-install each
    time?

    M. Murcek, Jul 8, 2005