    let me know.
    Thanks!

    , Sep 5, 2006

  2. Malke Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I have Windows XP Home on my desktop with a HP Photosmart 1115 Printer
    > hooked up to it. I have a notebook with Windows XP Professional. I am
    > using a
    > router to get internet to both CPU's. The desktop has a wire from the
    > router, the laptop is wireless. The internet works fine. Now I am
    > trying to set up a shared printer. I have selected my printer to share
    > in the printers folder and ran the Network Setup Wizard. When I try to
    > add a network printer by browsing on my laptop it sees the computer
    > labelled Basement (desktop) but there is no printers under it. I can't
    > figure out why it won't show up. When I browse for a network printer
    > on
    >
    > my basement computer (desktop) the printer shows up. I think this
    > problem has something to do with the XP Home not sharing its files and
    > printers properly because it is the same for file sharing. I'm not
    > overly concerned about the file sharing but if someone could help with
    > the printer it would be great. If I need to give more information just
    > let me know.
    > Thanks!

    I gave you a rather lengthy answer in the other newsgroup to which you
    posted. Please do not multipost like this. See this link for an
    explanation of why multiposting will actually get you *less* help and
    is undesirable:

    If you can't find your other thread, go to Google Groups Advanced Search
    and search for your name.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers