    be made from the layout point of view, such as contiguous network
    design and flexability. Something to make sure you're using the address
    space wisely and so forth. Does anyone know of such a program?
    Perdition, Jun 12, 2006

  2. You may wish to investigate Virtual Design Workspace for VoyenceControl
    NG:

    http://www.voyence.com/documents/ds_virtualdesign.pdf

    as well as

    http://www.voyence.com/products/VirtualWorkspace.shtml

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
    http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm
    =?iso-8859-1?q?BradReese.Com=AE_-_Leverage_Your_Ci, Jun 12, 2006

  3. Perdition

    J Guest

    Perdition wrote:
    > I am looking for software which allows one to draw out a network and
    > the software will not only allow to see the network in a graphical
    > format but also have the software check for any optimizations that can
    > be made from the layout point of view, such as contiguous network
    > design and flexability. Something to make sure you're using the address
    > space wisely and so forth. Does anyone know of such a program?

    This really isn't the function of a program. A piece of software can't
    take into account the fact that you estimate growth on the number of
    CMTS users but not on your DSL termination points, or that the reason
    you allocated a /24 to a specific project is because you know that the
    project is expanding next quarter to onboard 10 new customers. etc.
    This is the function of a network engineer, not a piece of software.
    Call out a Cisco SE and have them give your network a good onceover.
    They'll be able to tell you if you're next is on or off the rails.

    J, Jun 12, 2006
  4. To learn how VoyenceControl! in collaboration with Cisco, leverages and
    extends CiscoWorks Resource Manager Essentials ( RME ) by providing
    centralized network configuration management for Cisco as well as other
    brands of network devices.

    The result ensures Cisco devices are the best managed in the industry.
    Cisco has partnered with Voyence to provide centralized network
    configuration management and multi-vendor support.

    http://www.voyence.com/documents/VoyenceRMEIntegration.pdf

    Brad Reese
    Cisco Repair
    =?iso-8859-1?q?BradReese.Com=AE_-_Leverage_Your_Ci, Jun 12, 2006