    Both PC's access the internet ok.

    Thanks.
    , Dec 3, 2007

  2. What's the system code if you do net view \\pc#1ipaddress from the pc #2?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Dec 3, 2007

  3. Carol Guest

    check the permissions in your sharing properties (right click folder and
    from drop down menu select properties, then click the sharing tab and the
    permissions button). I've found that I don't have everyone listed with
    permissions checked, when I get that message.

    Carol, Dec 3, 2007
  4. Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 00:56:52 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    >PC #1 Laptop: Win XP Media Center, wireless connection to Router, No
    >Firewall. I can see PC #2 and access shared folders and transfer files
    >from #1 to #2.
    >
    >PC #2 Desktop: Win XP Media Center, Wireless connection to Router, No
    >Firewall. I can see PC #1 on the network but the (2) shared folders do
    >not show up. When I click on PC #1, I get the following screen:
    >\\FamilyPC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the
    >network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    >if You have access permissions. Access is denied.
    >
    >Both PC's access the internet ok.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Start by looking at the NetBT setting, and at any personal firewalls or other
    security components. Antivirus protection can contain an antiworm component,
    which will act as a personal firewall.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/your-personal-firewall-can-either-help.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/your-personal-firewall-can-either-help.html
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-using.html

    Or diagnose the problem, using logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all",
    "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each computer. Read
    this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely (download
    browstat!):
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,