    or-when you save files are you meant to save them to the opposite computer ??

    I am confused

    Any assistance please
    =?Utf-8?B?SGFpbGVl?=, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Yes, both computers need to be on and connected to the network in order to
    access hard drives, printers and other shared devices.

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 10, 2005

  3. so then if i want to access files on my laptop-while i am on my pc i must
    save it to my laptop right! I really am not usually this stunned ! what i
    assumed was that my wireless could access the pc simply because of the
    router. I realize that is a bit shortsighted.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFpbGVl?=, Jan 10, 2005
  4. If you have files on your laptop and want to access them via your desktop,
    they are already saved on your laptop. Your router allows connectivity
    between your computers, but has nothing to do with file storage. All files
    are stored on which ever Hard drive you saved them to. I guess im not
    understanding what you expect the network to do for you.

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 10, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SGFpbGVl?=

    Malke Guest

    Robert Jacobs wrote:

    > If you have files on your laptop and want to access them via your
    > desktop, they are already saved on your laptop. Your router allows
    > connectivity between your computers, but has nothing to do with file
    > storage. All files are stored on which ever Hard drive you saved them
    > to. I guess im not understanding what you expect the network to do for
    > you.
    >

    > "Hailee" <> wrote in message
    >> so then if i want to access files on my laptop-while i am on my pc i
    >> must
    >> save it to my laptop right! I really am not usually this stunned !
    >> what i

    Hailee - find the *first* new post you made. Search on your name. I gave
    you lots of links to help you visualize what is happening when you set
    up a network.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell