    What 'Key Lifetetime' should I set (minutes)?

    Also, if I have this enabled, does this mean I do not need to use Zone
    Alarm anymore?

    Amy, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Amy

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Amy" <> wrote in message news:EWmre.22250$...
    > I have tried setting up my Netgear WGR614 v1 (firmware 1.4) with WPA-PSK.
    > When I set my password and tried to log back in, I got this error
    > message:
    >
    > The network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits depending on your
    > network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or
    > 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters.
    >
    > What does this mean?

    This means that if you enter the password as hexadecimal characters,
    you must type exactly 10 characters (5 bytes) for 40-bit key,
    or exactly 26 characters (13 bytes) for 104-bit key).
    If you typed other number of characters than 10 or 26, or any
    character that is not a hexadecimal digit, this is interpreted as ascii string.
    In this mode, each character is a byte by itself.
    So, valid length of the string in this case is either 5 or 13 charachers.
    If this condition is not met, the string can't be accepted as a valid password.
    Please check carefully what you type.
    Perhaps you typed letter O instead if zero, or small L instead of 1 etc.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Jun 14, 2005