    This stops the boot-up intil I hit the enter button and the boot-up
    continues without any problem.

    Any ideas on how to get rid of this dialogue box?

    claude nine, Jan 4, 2004

  2. claude nine

    Brian H¹© Guest

    http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/helpdesk/windows.html

    Brian H¹©, Jan 4, 2004

  3. claude nine

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Type a name but leave *password blank then OK, [NOT enter nor cancel].
    You may have to repeat once but after, you will not see this log-in box
    again until you reinstall the os.

    In news:fp1Kb.944387$pl3.236742@pd7tw3no,
    claude nine <> typed:

    --
    Juan
    R.B. deux

    Juan Pérez, Jan 4, 2004
  4. "claude nine" <> wrote in message
    > Just got a refurbished computer running Win98SE, and get on boot-up a
    > dialogue box with the message
    > "enter your network password for Microsoft Networking"
    > This stops the boot-up intil I hit the enter button and the boot-up
    > continues without any problem.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to get rid of this dialogue box?

    Network properties / change logon type/ to MS family logon....much less
    secure if you are on the net with this machine

    NorthernPirate, Jan 5, 2004