    there.

    Can anyone help please, thanks

    Ken
    Ken Walsh, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Ken Walsh wrote:

    > I`m using BT Openworld for my normal dialup account but I`m also using
    > a satellite broadband connection for my downloads.
    >
    > Since I installed the software (and all is working ok) at the very start
    > when I switch
    > on my machine (using Windows `98) instead of booting up normal it ask for my
    > Network Password (there is a Network Neighborhood icon on my desktop
    > since installing software).
    >
    > I just press the enter button and it boot up ok, but it means I cannot walk
    > away from
    > the machine while it boots up untill I do this, other wise it just hangs
    > there.
    >
    > Can anyone help please, thanks
    >
    > Ken

    TweakUI can be downloaded from MS. It has an automatic okaying the
    password, even if empty.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 19, 2004

  3. Ken Walsh

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Ken Walsh" <bigkenwalsh@(no.spam)btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    >| I`m using BT Openworld for my normal dialup account but I`m also
    >| using
    >| a satellite broadband connection for my downloads.
    >|
    >| Since I installed the software (and all is working ok) at the very
    >| start when I switch
    >| on my machine (using Windows `98) instead of booting up normal it
    >| ask for my Network Password (there is a Network Neighborhood icon on
    >| my desktop
    >| since installing software).
    >|
    >| I just press the enter button and it boot up ok, but it means I
    >| cannot walk away from
    >| the machine while it boots up untill I do this, other wise it just
    >| hangs there.
    >|
    >| Can anyone help please, thanks
    >|
    >| Ken

    Most of the time installing a NIC automatically installs Windows Networking.
    Check with your ISP first, but if you don't need it, delete it. Right click
    on Network Neighborhood, select Properties. When the list comes up, delete
    the Windows Networking Client. No more password, less stuff loading when you
    boot.

    Of course, if you have two or more computers networked at your house and
    want to share files/data, you will need the Windows Networking. If this is
    the case, then Roger's idea works pretty well. Sometimes TweakUI "forgets"
    to do the password entry though.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jul 19, 2004