Network not respoonding

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by empire03@hotmail.com, Apr 30, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have 3 computers connected to a router, 1 is wired and 2 are
    wireless. I also have a network printer that is wired into the router.
    The computer that I am having difficulties with is the one that is
    wired into the network.
    ISSUE:
    - I have shared files that I use for school on a wireless desktop that
    is left on 24/7. My laptop has no issues opening, viewing, editing,
    moving, and closing these files out on my network. This in not the
    case with my wired machine.
    - The wired machine is an athlon based system running the most current
    version of windows xp professional with service pack 2. I have office
    2003 installed on this computer and all of the windows and office
    updates have been installed successfully from microsoft. This machine
    also has IIS installed but it is not running. I have no difficulties
    browsing the web or printing on the networked printer, but when it
    comes to opening, closing, saving, viewing, changing any of the files
    on the network share it will tell me that the program or the explorer
    window accessing the files is not responding. If I wait long enough
    though it will correct itself and allow me to do what I am requesting.
    - Here is what I have done so far
    - I have verified that the problem exists only on this wired machine
    thru opening and moving files back and forth using my other two
    computers. No issues... fast
    - Ethernet connections are all good to this computer, no interuptions
    - Uninstalled all of my anti virus, anti spyware, and firewall
    software. I have also turned off the windows firewall.
    - I turned disabled and stopped services such as IIS from the services
    link in the control panel.
    - Does anyone have any suggestions that I may have overlooked. The
    problem seems to have started close to the time when I installed IIS a
    few weeks ago, but I can not confirm this.

    Thanks all

    , Apr 30, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message

    > If I wait long enough though it will correct itself and allow me to do
    > what I am requesting.

    That about says it all for me. I have this picture in my head that ALL
    computers on your network are auto assigned IP numbers. Do yourself a favour
    and manually assign IP numbers to all of them and try again.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 30, 2006