network neighborhood empty

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Pete, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Hi

    System details:

    Host PC: Win 98 First Edition connected to wireless router via cable
    Client PC: Win 98 SE with wireless ethernet card
    Client PC: Win XP Home with wireless ethernet card

    I have a wireless network that worked faultlessly until I had a virus on the
    host (Win 98) PC. The virus has gone, but the network problem persists.

    The workgroup name (HOME) is no longer seen in Network Neighborhood, and
    none of the other PCs can be seen either. This is the same for all 3 PCs on
    the network

    They can all access the Internet via the wireless router, so the router
    isn't the problem. The problem, I think, is with the host PC

    I've been into Control Panel and checked the Network settings, and I believe
    they are the same as before. I don't see any problem with them

    Any ideas gratefully received

    Thanks

    Pete

    Pete, Jan 18, 2006

  2. you may need to go into add a network place and retype in the address for
    shared folders printers etc on your clients. mine loses the connections
    sometimes (for reasons that are completely beyond me) and i have to do this.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9iYg==?=, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "robb" <> wrote in message
    > you may need to go into add a network place and retype in the address for
    > shared folders printers etc on your clients. mine loses the connections
    > sometimes (for reasons that are completely beyond me) and i have to do

    this.

    Thanks Robb

    How do I do that?

    Pete