Network Naming

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by John Williams, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. How do I change my home network's name from DEFAULT to something else?

    John Williams

    John Williams, Sep 29, 2005

  2. John Williams

    Malke Guest

    John Williams wrote:

    > How do I change my home network's name from DEFAULT to something else?
    >
    > John Williams

    Since you posted in a wireless networking newsgroup, I assume you are
    talking about your SSID for the wireless networking and not your
    Windows Workgroup. To change your SSID, configure your wireless router.
    Most routers are configurable from a browser. Normally you enter the
    router's IP address in the browser's addressbar, log in, and make any
    desired changes. For example, for a Belkin you would enter
    http://192.168.2.1 in the addressbar. Refer to your router's manual for
    instructions specific to your hardware. If you don't have the manual,
    go to the router mftr.'s website for tech support, where they will have
    the manual.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Sep 29, 2005

  3. Thnaks Malke. It worked fine.
    John

    John Williams, Oct 1, 2005
  4. Thnaks Malke. It worked fine.
    John

    John Williams, Oct 1, 2005
  5. John Williams

    Malke Guest

    John Williams wrote:

    > Thnaks Malke. It worked fine.
    > John
    > "Malke" <> wrote in message
    >> John Williams wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I change my home network's name from DEFAULT to something
    >>> else?
    >>>
    >>> John Williams

    >> Since you posted in a wireless networking newsgroup, I assume you are
    >> talking about your SSID for the wireless networking and not your
    >> Windows Workgroup. To change your SSID, configure your wireless
    >> router. Most routers are configurable from a browser. Normally you
    >> enter the router's IP address in the browser's addressbar, log in,
    >> and make any desired changes. For example, for a Belkin you would
    >> enter http://192.168.2.1 in the addressbar. Refer to your router's
    >> manual for instructions specific to your hardware. If you don't have
    >> the manual, go to the router mftr.'s website for tech support, where
    >> they will have the manual.

    You're most welcome, John.

    Malke

    Malke, Oct 1, 2005