    can any one help me

    and also send me some link for source code
    , Jan 21, 2007

  2. why? Guest

    On 21 Jan 2007 12:23:15 -0800, mrsoft2k7 wrote:

    a) For project and homework, www.google.com

    >i am doing my project in java on network monitoring .

    How nice.

    >do any one who are experienced on network
    >can any one help me

    Help with what?

    >and also send me some link for source code

    That will be the Java bit then.

    But what do you want to monitor and how?

    b) If you haven't tried google it's very likely you will have missed
    finding the comp.dcom.* and comp.protocols.* newsgroups.

    Me
    why?, Jan 21, 2007

  3. 7 Guest

    wrote:

    > i am doing my project in java on network monitoring .
    >
    > do any one who are experienced on network
    > can any one help me
    >
    > and also send me some link for source code

    You can boot from livecds from CD drive
    and run ethereal (now called wire shark)
    to monitor networks.
    LiveCDs like Knoppix and DSL autodetect and autoconfigure everything.
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    The source code is available too for all these open source
    projects - just use google to search.
    7, Jan 22, 2007
  4. why? Guest

    [Default] On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:23:09 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> i am doing my project in java on network monitoring .
    >>
    >> do any one who are experienced on network
    >> can any one help me
    >>
    >> and also send me some link for source code

    >You can boot from livecds from CD drive
    >and run ethereal (now called wire shark)
    >to monitor networks.

    No you can't use (Wireshark), as the OP appears to mean.

    Wireshark is a packet capture / protocol analysis tool, a debug tool.

    It's very good for collecting detailed data if the monitoring tools
    are reporting performance issues.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Jan 22, 2007