    I have some Cisco stuff, but lots of other stuff as well.

    Thanks,
    Mike

    news.midmaine.com, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Been using the Solarwinds package for a while. Realtime monitoring and
    altering is great. Historical data and graphing is ok.

    "news.midmaine.com" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking to purchase some good network management software. I am
    > currently evaluating What's UP Gold and Solarwinds Engineer's Toolkit. I

    am
    > leaning toward the Solarwinds right now. Anyone have any other

    suggestions?

    Wugmura Mammood Baklaliviatatlaglooshen, Nov 7, 2003

  3. news.midmaine.com

    mcmoin Guest

    hi,

    for professinal use:
    i know some carrier and of course some isps and they mostly use:

    http://www.nagios.org/
    nagios - i like it / and its free

    http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/
    rrdtool is very flexible to program and you can visualize various data input
    (cpu time, fan speed etc) - free

    http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/smokeping/
    looks pretty nice - also useful to combine with rrdtool - free

    http://www.opennms.org/
    just heard never tested by myself - free

    http://www.caida.org/tools/utilities/flowscan/
    this is pure core - only if you have a lot of time..... free

    whats up gold
    we had a win nt version some years ago. some network guys installed it on
    winnt server and placed this server in the backbone. it was not running for
    so long time ;-)

    http://www.openview.hp.com/
    the one and only for professional use - very very expensive

    hope that helps

    ../regards

    lars

    mcmoin, Nov 7, 2003
  4. news.midmaine.com

    ZeroKool Guest

    Cisco Works 2000 gives the best insight into Cisco devices. You can also add
    modules like ACL manager, Switch probe etc. It works on Window* and Solaris
    platforms.

    --
    Majid

    ZeroKool, Nov 9, 2003
  5. news.midmaine.com

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    > I am looking to purchase some good network management software. I am
    > currently evaluating What's UP Gold and Solarwinds Engineer's Toolkit. I

    am
    > leaning toward the Solarwinds right now. Anyone have any other

    suggestions?
    > Anyone using the Solarwinds package?
    >
    > I have some Cisco stuff, but lots of other stuff as well.

    www.concord.com

    Ivan

    Ivan Ostres, Nov 10, 2003
  6. news.midmaine.com