    my computer while on line. I bought a Acer laptop for my wife and have a
    Belkin roughter but notice that it can be accessed as there is no network
    key. Regards Jim Cummings

    Jim Cummings, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Jim Cummings

    Malke Guest

    Jim Cummings wrote:

    > How do I get a network key that secures my surfing so as no one can access
    > my computer while on line. I bought a Acer laptop for my wife and have a
    > Belkin roughter but notice that it can be accessed as there is no network
    > key. Regards Jim Cummings

    You need to set up encryption in the router. Here are some links to help
    you. You can also refer to the router's manual. If you don't have a manual,
    there will be one on Belkin's site for that particular router.

    Wireless - Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Jan 15, 2007

  3. Jim Cummings

    Gordon Guest

    "Jim Cummings" <> wrote in message
    > How do I get a network key that secures my surfing so as no one can access
    > my computer while on line. I bought a Acer laptop for my wife and have a
    > Belkin roughter but notice that it can be accessed as there is no network
    > key. Regards Jim Cummings

    Set one up yourself. Go into the Router set-up screen (see the manual on how
    to do this) and set your own key.

    Gordon, Jan 15, 2007