  1. Can someone please help me & tell me where I might find the Network Key for
    my wireless connection; I didn't make a note of it on set-up! Duh!

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?Z3VuZ2E=?=, Aug 3, 2006

  2. I suggest you create a new key and use "Windows Connect Now" (WCN) to save
    it off to a flash drive for easy reconfiguration just in case you need it in
    the future. I use WCN to configure my wireless LAN. In my case I need to
    manually cut-n-paste the key to my Buffalo WBR-G54 wireless access
    point/router, but that is no big deal...

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/getstarted/windowsconnectnow.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05june13.mspx

    Use WPA if your wireless access point and clients support that. Personally I
    use a 63-character random ASCII key and WPA-PSK (AES) to encrypt my home
    wireless LAN...

    http://www.kurtm.net/wpa-pskgen/

    If you must use WEP, then use 128-bit WEP as a minimum...

    http://www.warewolflabs.com/portfolio/programming/wlanskg/wlanskg.html

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Aug 3, 2006

  3. thanks a lot

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3VuZ2E=?=, Aug 4, 2006
  4. Gabriel Topala, Aug 4, 2006
  5. Thanks Gabriel; this is really useful but I can't see any reference to a
    Network Key?

    Any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3VuZ2E=?=, Aug 4, 2006
  6. It is displayed as "Wireless Key/SSID".
    Please see the http://www.gtopala.com/img/siw_network_info.gif image.
    --
    Thanks,
    Gabriel Topala

    Gabriel Topala, Aug 4, 2006
  7. Hi
    I am not sure which one of the Wireless variable you call Network Key?
    Make sure that you have the Wireless Router's manual, in the manual there
    would be a reference to the default settings. Hard Reset the Router (see the
    manul instructions) it would set the device to the default settins, then
    you can configure it again.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 4, 2006
  8. Don't use this method! I tried it, and found that instead of showing my key,
    it shows that I gave him a 24 hour lease to my DNS server!!

    =?Utf-8?B?aGl0dGluIG15IGZvcmVoZWFk?=, Mar 31, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Z3VuZ2E=?=

    Doug Simar Guest

    The easiest thing you can do it attach a Ethernet cable to the router and
    disable the wireless. Log into the router webserver web pages find the
    network key and then disco the eth cable and try and setup the WEP again.

    Doug

    "hittin my forehead" <hittin my > wrote in
    message news:...

    Doug Simar, Apr 3, 2007