    the shorted key. Do I have a virus or a hacker?? I have ran my virus
    protection on both the laptop and desktop and have found nothing .
    WHY does the network key keep changing itself??

    =?Utf-8?B?MWZhc3RndA==?=, Oct 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?MWZhc3RndA==?=

    Guest

    I'm not positive but I think your password is being shown in an
    abbreviated format so as not to tip off a potential malcontent of how
    many characters comprise your password (i.e., making it harder to
    crack). Your password is probably correct and you are having some
    other network related issue.

    , Oct 21, 2005

  3. I am having the same problem and it isn't an issue of abbreviated key. The
    problem started after I accessed the wifi network at school and
    removing/adding networks and changing the key doesn't work either. The same
    key pulls up every time. Any other suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?VmlraW5nMTQ=?=, Nov 4, 2005