    connect the laptop to the router using a cable instead of the wireless
    card, all the communications are fine. Wireless connections to other
    networks work OK also. What could be causing the problem?
    Rita Goldberg, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Rita Goldberg

    Malke Guest

    Rita Goldberg wrote:

    > Actually, I can't send or receive. I'm using a wireless router and a
    > Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop with Windows 2000 and a Horizons wireless
    > PCMCIA card. The network seems fine and the laptop shows an excellent
    > connection. However, I can't send or receive or connect to the
    > Internet. Just to make sure it's not a firewall issue, I've tried the
    > setup with the firewall closed down, but without success. On the other
    > hand, when I connect the laptop to the router using a cable instead of
    > the wireless card, all the communications are fine. Wireless
    > connections to other networks work OK also. What could be causing the
    > problem?

    Your wireless connection is not set up correctly. The fact that the icon
    shows "excellent connection" does not mean it is working. Here are some
    sites with basic wireless network setup information:

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    After you've looked at the information - and it would be smart to also
    read the manual that came with your router - if you are still having
    problems post back. Please include information about your router and
    the encryption method you've used.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers