    after having to replace the motherboard and cpu and reinstall windows, I
    seem to have lost the network icon in the systray. how do I get it back?

    , Feb 10, 2010

  2. One of the Properties of the Network Interface is a check box to display the
    network status in the tray.

    John J. Jobst, Feb 10, 2010

  3. What 64-bit version of Windows are you using?

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 10, 2010
  4. Guest

    Bobby Johnson wrote:
    > What 64-bit version of Windows are you using?
    >
    > On 2010-02-10 15:04, wrote:
    >> after having to replace the motherboard and cpu and reinstall windows, I
    >> seem to have lost the network icon in the systray. how do I get it back?

    XP

    , Feb 10, 2010
  5. Guest

    wrote:
    > after having to replace the motherboard and cpu and reinstall windows, I
    > seem to have lost the network icon in the systray. how do I get it back?

    ok I found it. after clicking Control Panel then Network Connections
    then double clicking the Local Area connction in the main panel then
    clicking properties, the will be a check box for "Show Icon In
    Notification Area When Connected".

    For some reason this was not checked.

    , Feb 10, 2010
  6. The default for wired connections is unchecked. For wireless connections,
    it's checked. At some point in the original installation you must have
    enabled the icon, and when you did the new install, that was lost.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 10, 2010
  7. Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    It is a good practice, at least for me, to have a checklist of "to do"
    things after installing an OS.
    That way I don't miss anything.
    :)
    Carlos