    print when on the laptop. Both computers have Nortons on it. Thank you for
    any help.
    Phil

    Phil, May 22, 2009

  2. Phil

    jobsworth Guest

    I've had a similar problem, and it was caused by the firewall (Kaspersky in
    my case) blocking access. It should be possible to change firewall settings
    so that your network is 'trusted', or to create an exceptions range or list
    of permitted IP addresses, to permit traffic across the network. The Norton
    documentation might help on how to change these settings.

    jobsworth, May 22, 2009

  3. Hi
    Firewall instructions.
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], May 23, 2009
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    steps of what I trien with no sucess.
    1, did clean boot on both computers
    2, turned off firewall on both.
    3, added nortons 360 to program lists allowed.
    on main , desktop, i chose option connect thru residential gateway or thru
    another computer. ran network wizard, and named workgroup.
    i ran the netsetup on a thumb drive, then went to laptop. I did run a cable
    from the belkin to the laptop even though it is wireless. disconnected the
    wireless. I ran netsetup on laptop and chose option connects thru residential
    gateway or thru another computer. I name same workgroup.
    This is what i have when done... On desktop I went to networks places and
    and clicked view workgroup computers. on desktop it shows both the desktop
    and the laptop. On the laptop I just show the laptop. Hopefully i have put
    enough detail, if not i will try to answer any questions needed. Thank you
    again in advance for any further help or suggestions.
    Phil

    Phil, May 23, 2009