    All the worksations are running windows 2000 pro and a handfull of XP pro,
    the servers are windows 2000.

    Thanks in advance.

    Bob, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Bob

    Thor Guest

    I don't think that is really possible without having some kind of software
    running on the client itself, even if just to report the client's stats over
    the network connection to whichever workstation or server you are using to
    retrieve the info. To my knowledge, the kind of detailed hardware info you
    want isn't normally available or shared over a network connection without
    some client software deliberately making it available. If I'm incorrect in
    this, I'm sure someone will set me straight on the issue.

    Thor, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I actually found a good application which has everything I need.
    I went to download.com and downloaded EMCO remote control audit 2.0. No
    client needed and easy to use.

    Bob, Oct 27, 2004
  4. "Bob" wrote:

    >I know this is long shot but I have to ask. Is there a utility which would
    >scan the computers on the network and tell me what hardware is installed? I
    >have seen plenty of applications but they require a client app be installed
    >on all the computers. I would like to know if there is any application which
    >does not require a client be installed. I just want to know what CPU and
    >memory is installed on all the computers on our network.
    >
    >All the worksations are running windows 2000 pro and a handfull of XP pro,
    >the servers are windows 2000.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Get psinfo from http://www.sysinternals.com and run this batch:

    ::Get ProcMEM.cmd::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    @echo off
    setlocal
    for /f %%A in ('net view^|findstr /b "\\"'
    ) do echo %%A&for /F "delims=" %%B in (
    'psinfo %%A 2^>NUL ^|findstr "Proc memory"') do echo %%B
    ::Get ProcMEM.cmd::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

    HTH
    --
    Greetings
    Matthias

    Matthias Tacke, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Bob

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    I don't think that answer is really reliable. Difference in thinking and
    knowing........ go and do homework.

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 27, 2004
  6. Bob

    Joel Guest

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:31:04 +0200, "Matthias Tacke"
    <> wrote:

    >"Bob" wrote:
    >
    >>I know this is long shot but I have to ask. Is there a utility which would
    >>scan the computers on the network and tell me what hardware is installed? I
    >>have seen plenty of applications but they require a client app be installed
    >>on all the computers. I would like to know if there is any application which
    >>does not require a client be installed. I just want to know what CPU and
    >>memory is installed on all the computers on our network.
    >>
    >>All the worksations are running windows 2000 pro and a handfull of XP pro,
    >>the servers are windows 2000.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.
    >>

    >Get psinfo from http://www.sysinternals.com and run this batch:
    >
    >::Get ProcMEM.cmd::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    >@echo off
    >setlocal
    >for /f %%A in ('net view^|findstr /b "\\"'
    > ) do echo %%A&for /F "delims=" %%B in (
    > 'psinfo %%A 2^>NUL ^|findstr "Proc memory"') do echo %%B
    >::Get ProcMEM.cmd::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    >
    >HTH

    Would http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml
    actually be the correct URL fo that?

    Joel, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Matthias Tacke, Oct 27, 2004
  8. Bob

    Thor Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    >I actually found a good application which has everything I need.
    > I went to download.com and downloaded EMCO remote control audit 2.0. No
    > client needed and easy to use.

    nice. Looks like that's the ticket. I wasn't aware that much hardware info
    could be pulled from a remote client without 3rd party software residing on
    both ends.

    Thor, Oct 27, 2004
  9. Bob

    Kurt Guest

    Look at Belarc (do a google).

    Kurt, Oct 27, 2004
  10. Bob

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > I wasn't aware that much hardware info
    > could be pulled from a remote client without 3rd party software
    > residing on both ends.

    As long as the machine is networked, and you have enough priviledges on the
    machine to log in and look at the hardware, you can definitely do it via a
    network connection with no 3rd party software on the machine.

    Jim Berwick, Oct 28, 2004