    I have to reset the router before the machines reconnect to the Net.

    Cheers.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Bobby

    moon~shadow Guest

    "Bobby" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi. I'm running a laptop and desktop system off a Belkin wireless
    > modem/router. Both PC and laptop have Belkin wireless cards (54g).
    >
    > The network is fine when only one machine is connected but frequently goes
    > down when both machines are connected. Any idea why?
    >
    > I have to reset the router before the machines reconnect to the Net.
    >
    > Cheers.
    >
    > Bobby
    >
    > I had a similar problem and when I rang Belkin I was advised to go to

    192.168.2.1 site, select Connection type, internet Wan and in these settings
    there is a box for Idle Time (minute). I was to set this to 0 and leave my
    router on all the time - no more problems since.

    Hope this may help.

    moon~shadow, Aug 7, 2004

  3. I have a Linksys Router, and It used to do something similar to what you
    describe. What I did was update the firmware of the router, and it stopped.
    Maybe that will help.

    =?Utf-8?B?UlY=?=, Aug 7, 2004
  4. Bobby

    Bobby Guest

    I have the latest firmware update - I think (downloaded January 2004).
    Unless Belkin has released a newer version in the last few months?

    Bobby, Aug 7, 2004