Network enable/disable repair - now unable to

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Chris Wrigley, Mar 29, 2008.

  1. Have recently set up LAN for ethernet hard drive, primarily to increase
    storage for laptop.
    In the past when connecting to networks I have been able to enable/disable
    and repair both wired and wireless network connections when required or
    necessary ( using an administrator account ) from the network connections
    window.
    I am now unable to do this,
    with wireless
    1) Repair - Get message in dialog, Unable to do this, unable to disable
    wireless network adapter. Make sure network adapter correctly installed ,
    Have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled wireless network adapter. No
    Change.
    2)Enable/Disable - Get message in dialog, It is not possible to
    Enable/Disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one
    or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been
    initiated by another user or the system account.
    with wired
    1) Repair - Get message Anable to diable ARP cache
    2)Enable/Disable - Get message in dialog, It is not possible to
    Enable/Disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one
    or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been
    initiated by another user or the system account.

    I am able to do disable the devices using the device manager, but this is
    really for faults with the devices.
    I usually disable the devices when not networking ( most of the time) to
    increase battery time.

    I have checked Local Computer policy - none of the keys in
    Local Computer Policy / User Configuration / Administrative Templates /
    Network / Network Connections
    are configured.

    Is it possible to return to old settings with enable/disable repair
    available from network connections window ?
    Chris Wrigley, Mar 29, 2008