    will go for hours without disconnecting, other times it's up and down. I
    constantly have to unplug the power on the router or cycle the modem to get
    reconnected. Any ideas?

    anon, Dec 20, 2005

  2. anon

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "anon" <> wrote in message
    news:q3Tpf.1340$5h2.915@trndny02...
    >I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 V4 router and a Westell 2200 modem. Verizon
    >provides my DSL. I cannot keep my router/modem connected? Sometimes it
    >will go for hours without disconnecting, other times it's up and down. I
    >constantly have to unplug the power on the router or cycle the modem to get
    >reconnected. Any ideas?

    Sometimes you have to flash the router with the frimware to get things
    working properly. Did you do a hard reset of the router?. I had an 11S4 V1
    router that gave me all kind of Hell until I plugged it into a UPS to
    protect it. After that, the router ran strong a little over 4 years being on
    24/7 365 without a peep out of it before it died.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 20, 2005

  3. anon

    anon Guest

    What did plugging it into a UPS do?

    anon, Dec 21, 2005
  4. anon

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "anon" <> wrote in message
    > What did plugging it into a UPS do?

    It stopped the router from taking hits or power drainage on the line every
    time household appliances turned on and off, like the refrigerator, air
    conditioning etc etc. A router is a sensitive device and likes good clean
    constant power and the UPS provided it. . If the router continues to get
    hits and drainage on the line, it could go defective. Once I got that UPS in
    place and it kept power to the device, all the reboots and power down and up
    of the router to get it to work stopped. I cant't say that will happen for
    you but it was the solution the the problems I was having with the router.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 21, 2005
  5. anon

    Rosco Guest

    Duane Arnold cried out

    > "anon" <> wrote in message
    >> What did plugging it into a UPS do?
    >>

    > It stopped the router from taking hits or power drainage on the
    > line every time household appliances turned on and off, like the
    > refrigerator, air conditioning etc etc. A router is a sensitive
    > device and likes good clean constant power and the UPS provided
    > it. . If the router continues to get hits and drainage on the
    > line, it could go defective. Once I got that UPS in place and it
    > kept power to the device, all the reboots and power down and up
    > of the router to get it to work stopped. I cant't say that will
    > happen for you but it was the solution the the problems I was
    > having with the router.
    >
    > Duane :)

    Same router, same problem. Mine is plugged into a UPS though, it always
    has been, but it still has the problem. I have narrowed my problem down
    to a wireless card (D-Link DWL520). Somehow that card is what is
    causing my router to crash. Many others on this group have reported the
    same problem. To be sure, I unplugged the computer using that card and
    power cycled the router, the router stayed up for almost a week until
    that computer was turned back on. Within mintues it died.

    Rosco, Dec 21, 2005