    I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear router
    (MR814v2)

    Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?
    Bill Babakian, Nov 21, 2004

  2. Bill Babakian

    Adam Membrey Guest

    "Bill Babakian" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns95A86EBDC1A19Billbabakianattnet@167.206.3.3...
    >I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
    > wireless network. I get an error message
    >
    > "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the internet
    > or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did
    > not addign a network address to the computer"
    >
    > The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a desktop, in
    > another room.
    >
    > I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows
    > reports
    > that it was not successful.
    >
    > I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear router
    > (MR814v2)
    >
    > Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?

    Welcome to the wonderful world of SP2 and wireless ;)

    Do you have encryption enabled on your wireless network ?
    Adam Membrey, Nov 21, 2004

  3. Bill Babakian

    Jim Besse Guest

    I have the same problem when I try to use WEP. See my previous
    request for help.

    --
    Jim

    Jim Besse, Nov 21, 2004
  4. "Adam Membrey" <> wrote in

    > "Bill Babakian" <> wrote in message
    >>I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
    >> wireless network. I get an error message
    >>
    >> "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the
    >> internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because
    >> the network did not addign a network address to the computer"
    >>
    >> The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a
    >> desktop, in another room.
    >>
    >> I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows
    >> reports
    >> that it was not successful.
    >>
    >> I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear router
    >> (MR814v2)
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?

    > Welcome to the wonderful world of SP2 and wireless ;)
    >
    > Do you have encryption enabled on your wireless network ?

    No encryption is enabled. The signal doesn't reach too far and I didn't
    think it was necessary. Also I wasn't sure how to turn it on !!!
    Bill Babakian, Nov 21, 2004