Network Diagnostics for Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Al Ankers, Jan 13, 2008.

  1. Al Ankers

    Al Ankers Guest

    You're not alone. However, these guys giving you advice haven't got a clue.
    MS has a problem they are not addressing. The problem is not with IE7,
    because it affects Mozilla also. I'm using XP home on my desktop and so far
    my laptop with the XP Pro hasn't been affected yet! When XP Home hangs both
    browsers stop working. Also the "Network Diagnostics for Windows XP" menus
    disappears so that you can't test the connection.

    The only solution is the standard MS solution, when all else fails, shutdown
    and start again. It works every time until today. Be sure
    you have a a valid restore point to go back to if you need it.

    We will have to wait for MS to create some software that works instead of
    continuing to add capabilities to software that is already in trouble. So
    far i guess this has not affected enough people to become a problem to MS
    yet.

    Now one time I did get the diagnosstics to work the significant part with
    errors for someone who can read them was as follows:

    info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
    info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
    warn HTTP: Error 12002 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The operation timed
    out
    warn HTTP: Error 12002 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The operation timed out
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    info Redirecting user to support call

    info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
    info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
    warn HTTP: Error 12002 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The operation timed
    out
    warn HTTP: Error 12002 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The operation timed out
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.

    I have not found anything on this error in the databases.

    --
    Al Ankers
    2316 Covent Garden Road

    --
    Al Ankers

    Al Ankers, Jan 13, 2008

  2. You seem to have found your way to the wrong newsgroup, Al. This is for
    64bit discussions.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 13, 2008

  3. Al Ankers

    Junior Guest

    What a jerk you are, Charlie. If you can't help the guy, why lecture?
    Does lecturing make you feel noteworthy?
    I don't see the poor soul asking YOU for directions so why don't you just
    STFU?

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote

    Junior, Jan 13, 2008
  4. Al Ankers

    John John Guest

    Gee, someones cranky today!

    John

    John John, Jan 13, 2008
  5. Al Ankers

    Theo Guest

    Apparently his mother was not available for his early
    morning feeding.

    Theo, Jan 13, 2008
  6. You seem to have found your way to the wrong newsgroup, Theo. This is
    for 64bit discussions and not about your mother

    Jeff Mattingly, Jan 13, 2008
  7. You're the jerk, Junior. Charlie has helped more folks than you can
    imagine..

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 13, 2008
  8. Al Ankers

    John Barnes Guest

    Now, now children. Charlie was just pointing out that if you go to the
    appropriate group your chances of obtaining a solution are better. Playing
    roulette with newsgroups and making ad hominem attacks (against Microsoft or
    those attempting to help) is counter productive. Better try the networking
    newsgroup.

    John Barnes, Jan 13, 2008
  9. Al Ankers

    Cable guy Guest

    I didn't see anyone here asking your opinion about 64 bit computing in this
    instance.
    Damn lackeys...

    Cable guy, Jan 13, 2008
  10. Al Ankers

    Cable guy Guest

    FO

    Cable guy, Jan 13, 2008
  11. No one asks anyone's opinion. This is a newsgroup. But we know a troll
    when one comes along.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 13, 2008
  12. Al Ankers

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:01:50 -0500, "Cable guy"
    <> wrote:

    >FO

    Not that I am such a helpful character in this group, as most other
    "lackeys" (as you call them), but I think you have deserved your place in
    my kill-file ;-)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jan 13, 2008
  13. Al Ankers