    things but didnt help.
    --
    sally 62

    =?Utf-8?B?TXlybmEgTG95?=, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Myrna,

    When a network controller disappears from the Device Manager, it can mean
    that it is not physically installed properly. However, it can also be
    because you are not looking at the correct area. Devices that are not
    correctly identified, or that do not have working drivers, will be placed in
    a slight different area.
    Would you please:
    1) Reseat the device in question and if it is USB or PCMCIA (PC-Card) check
    to make sure it is firmly plugged in. Make sure that you can use other
    PCMCIA or USB devices as well, in case there is some problem with the
    hardware on your particular PC.

    2) Check the section of Device Manger called: Other Devices. Those items
    indentified with a question mark "?" are either not installed properly or
    not identified properly. By re-installing the drivers that came with the
    device, these should work and show up in the correct area.

    Most likely you need to do just that, re-install the driver, and Device
    Manager should show you how to do that.

    --
    Brian Wehrle

    Software Test Engineer/Wireless Networking
    Microsoft Corp.

    Brian Wehrle [MSFT], Dec 17, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TXlybmEgTG95?=

    tomhaislip Guest

    I found your post interesting. I stayed in a hotel over the holiday
    that had a wireless network running that I made the mistake of using.
    Since then, I have uninstalled and re-installed my Linksys Noteboo
    Adapter probably 15 times trying to make it work consistently. On
    time it will find my network but not give me internet. I reboot and i
    tells me that the device driver is missing. I uninstll and try t
    reinstall and it tells me that the device drivers have already bee
    installed. Does any of this sound familiar? I am starting to thin
    virus

    -
    tomhaisli

    tomhaislip, Dec 29, 2004