    Chapter 10, lesson 2 review, question 3 says the subnet mask is configured
    incorrectly and that the IP address is class C. Page 10-7 says 192 in the
    first octet is a private address. Why would the answer say it's class C?

    Kurt, Oct 14, 2007

  2. "Kurt" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Regarding the self-paced training kit for exam 70-271 (copyright 2006).
    >
    > Chapter 10, lesson 2 review, question 3 says the subnet mask is configured
    > incorrectly and that the IP address is class C. Page 10-7 says 192 in the
    > first octet is a private address. Why would the answer say it's class C?

    Because it is a class C. Oh and it is private. It did not say it cannot
    be both.

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Oct 14, 2007

  3. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    Michael, thanks for your help. You're right, it doesn't say that 192 cannot
    be both class C and private. That's good food for thought as I pursue this
    certification. What is interesting is that in technical writing, is it not
    common to clarify this kind of issue...like a note or something in the answer?

    Kurt, Oct 16, 2007
  4. "Kurt" <> wrote in message

    > Michael, thanks for your help. You're right, it doesn't say that 192 cannot
    > be both class C and private. That's good food for thought as I pursue this
    > certification. What is interesting is that in technical writing, is it not
    > common to clarify this kind of issue...like a note or something in the answer?
    >
    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" wrote:
    >
    > > "Kurt" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > Regarding the self-paced training kit for exam 70-271 (copyright 2006).
    > > >
    > > > Chapter 10, lesson 2 review, question 3 says the subnet mask is configured
    > > > incorrectly and that the IP address is class C. Page 10-7 says 192 in the
    > > > first octet is a private address. Why would the answer say it's class C?

    > > Because it is a class C. Oh and it is private. It did not say it cannot
    > > be both.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
    > > Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    > > microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

    Think of it like this: Private or not, an IP address has to fall into a
    class. It is a foregone conclusion.
    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Oct 16, 2007
  5. Kurt

    MCDST Guest

    I had the same problem.
    There's a Microsoft document recognizing this print error (and more.)

    I'll recommend you:
    www.learntosubnet.com

    Audio + slides step by step tutorial about networking and most of the
    topics covered by the 70271

    MCDST, Oct 24, 2007