    Anyone got any ideas? Am running XP Pro SP2.

    Thanks
    Michael

    =?Utf-8?B?bWltaXg3OQ==?=, May 9, 2006

  2. Sorry, should have done this before the first posting...

    from the control panel if I click on Windows Firewall I get the error
    "because of an unspecified error Windows Firewall is unable to start". If I
    click on Net Connections from here the control panel hangs.

    How can I turn off firewall and bypass either of those utilities?

    =?Utf-8?B?bWltaXg3OQ==?=, May 9, 2006

  3. Hi
    Would make more sense to check at www.ewido.net and see what is their
    suggestions.
    Or to use the free Windows Defender instead,
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 10, 2006
  4. youcan disable the Microsoft firewall by r-clicking on MYNetwork Places,
    properties, R-c Local area Connection, properties, avanced, settings,Off

    =?Utf-8?B?bHVtcHkwNA==?=, May 11, 2006