Network Connection service will not start

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Steve9491, Aug 25, 2008.

  1. Steve9491

    Steve9491 Guest

    I have numerous 1068 and 1083 errors, see a sample list below. Is the a fix
    for this? I'm running xp with sp 2. Any suggestions will be helpfull thank
    you. -ss-

    Some with the 1083:
    Automatic updates,
    Cryptographic Service,
    DHCP Client, Error Reporting,
    Help and Support,
    Logical Disk Manager,
    Secondary Logon,
    Server,
    Shell Hardware Detection,
    System Restore Service,
    Task Scheduler,
    Themes,
    WIndows Audio,
    Windows Management Instrumentation,
    Windows Time,
    Workstation.

    Some with the 1068:
    Computer Browser,
    Net Logon,
    Security Center,
    System Event Notification,
    Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).
    Steve9491, Aug 25, 2008

  2. Steve9491

    bootmgr Guest

    Check the event viewer for these,to see if you can gather as much info as
    possible, and go to the computer management ,then services ,select the
    appropriate services that you've seen(the errors) ,and go to dependencies to
    see if any of these services are related to other services that must be
    configured to start automatically...if any of the chain has stop or been
    disabled by virus or someone ,then the whole related services will stop.
    Also try to open the task manager and check the processes in the processes
    tab ,then right click a process or program and select 'go to service' to see
    if the appropriate service for that particular program or process is working
    correctly.(You can also notice some spywares or viruses using task manager).
    Scan your PC for viruses or spywares.
    And one thing you can do is open command prompt and type : SFC /? this
    will give you the available list of commands to use with SFC . Depending on
    the command chosen, SFC will check the operating system for corruption ,it
    will check it against the dll.cache file and restore the corrupted files.If
    the files arent present in the dll.cache,you'll need to insert the XP cd ,so
    that it will replace the corrupted/missing files.
    If you cant fix the problem,try system restore to restore your system to an
    earlier date ,but make sure to select a date where the PC was 'healthy' by
    then
    ,without these recent problems.(maybe your registry has been corrupted due
    to viruses ,or new programs that you installed.....).

    Hope this helps

    bootmgr, Aug 25, 2008