    wireless.

    Any pointers would be appreciated.

    TIA

    Donchano, Nov 17, 2009

  2. Donchano

    impossible Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > OS: XPpro
    >
    > I've been able to set up a Network connection using a cable between my
    > PC and laptop. But I cannot figure out how to set up a connection
    > between my PC (which is conncected to a modem/router) and my laptop's
    > wireless.
    >
    > Any pointers would be appreciated.

    You need to connect a wireless access point to your modem/router. Software
    supplied with the access point should help you to establish a secure link to
    your laptop.

    impossible, Nov 17, 2009

  3. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 01:44:49 GMT, "impossible" <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> OS: XPpro
    >>
    >> I've been able to set up a Network connection using a cable between my
    >> PC and laptop. But I cannot figure out how to set up a connection
    >> between my PC (which is conncected to a modem/router) and my laptop's
    >> wireless.
    >>
    >> Any pointers would be appreciated.
    >>

    >You need to connect a wireless access point to your modem/router. Software
    >supplied with the access point should help you to establish a secure link to
    >your laptop.

    Maybe I wasn't clear. I have no problem connecting to the wireless
    modem/router. What I cannot figure out is how to create a Network link
    between my PC (cabled into the modem/router) and my laptop (wireless).

    I already have a network set up between my laptop and PC, but that is
    a cable/cable to modem/router and not a wireless Network connection.

    Donchano, Nov 17, 2009
  4. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On 17 Nov 2009 16:27:45 +1200, vitw <> shouted
    from the highest rooftop:

    >On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:03:54 +1300, Donchano wrote:
    >
    >> OS: XPpro
    >>
    >> I've been able to set up a Network connection using a cable between my
    >> PC and laptop. But I cannot figure out how to set up a connection
    >> between my PC (which is conncected to a modem/router) and my laptop's
    >> wireless.
    >>
    >> Any pointers would be appreciated.

    >I haven't handled this exact scenario before, but I can think of a couple
    >of things to check.
    >
    >Maybe the simplest way to do it would be to assign static IP addresses
    >for the PC and laptop on the wired LAN connection. Within the PC, declare
    >the laptop's IP address as the gateway. Then, within the laptop, set up
    >PC connection sharing, and set up a rule allowing your PC (identified by
    >its static IP) to access the internet through the laptop's wireless
    >network.

    Many thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to digest all that first and
    see if I can apply it tomorrow.

    Donchano, Nov 17, 2009
  5. Donchano

    impossible Guest

    impossible, Nov 17, 2009
  6. Donchano

    impossible Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message

    > On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 01:44:49 GMT, "impossible" <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >

    >>"Donchano" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> OS: XPpro
    >>>
    >>> I've been able to set up a Network connection using a cable between my
    >>> PC and laptop. But I cannot figure out how to set up a connection
    >>> between my PC (which is conncected to a modem/router) and my laptop's
    >>> wireless.
    >>>
    >>> Any pointers would be appreciated.
    >>>

    >>You need to connect a wireless access point to your modem/router. Software
    >>supplied with the access point should help you to establish a secure link
    >>your laptop.

    > Maybe I wasn't clear. I have no problem connecting to the wireless
    > modem/router. What I cannot figure out is how to create a Network link
    > between my PC (cabled into the modem/router) and my laptop (wireless).
    >
    > I already have a network set up between my laptop and PC, but that is
    > a cable/cable to modem/router and not a wireless Network connection.

    Run the wireless network wizard. Check that you've assigned the shared
    security key to all hardware devices.

    impossible, Nov 17, 2009