    My computer is running Windows ME with WordPerfect 9, and the network
    computers are Win XP Home.
    , Feb 10, 2005

  2. Nil Guest

    On 10 Feb 2005, wrote in
    news::

    > I am having a problem with WordPerfect. I have my computer setup
    > on a small network of three computers and I am saving my work to
    > another computer on the network. When I set it up to save to a
    > network folder (in the preferences), I click "save as" and the
    > computer starts to seek the floppy drive. The floppy drive will
    > grind for about 30 seconds before it will bring up the "save as"
    > screen pointing to the network drive and folder. Is there any
    > reason for it to constantly look for a floppy first? How do I stop
    > it from looking for a floppy?

    If, in the past, you did actually save a file to a floppy, it may still
    be listed in WP's MRU list. I don't know WP, but maybe it tries to be
    "helpful" by remembering folders you recently accessed. If you can
    purge these listings, perhaps the symptom will stop.

    I don't know where WP stores this information, but perhaps you can find
    it by searching the registry for the string "a:".
    Nil, Feb 10, 2005

  3. Bill Jones Guest

    Thanks NRJ, leaving a floppy in the drive did it. It now finds the
    networked folder in just a second instead of grinding the floppy drive
    forever.

    Bill

    Bill Jones, Feb 11, 2005