    configured to work on the network.? anyone with these
    answers please email me

    Thanks

    Tom, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Tom

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    news:072e01c34f86$4dce6610$...
    > Hi can anyone with the knowledge help me please.
    >
    > Can anyone explain the genral steps for the installation
    > of a network card.The card is a PCI card with CAT5
    > connection.
    >
    > Also can anyone descibe how the PCI network card could be
    > configured to work on the network.? anyone with these
    > answers please email me

    Either post to alt.comp.hardware with relevant details, OS, how you intend
    to connect to the network, type of network, etc.
    or better still, find someone who knows what they're doing, and offer to buy
    them a drink.

    Andy

    Andy Foster, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Tom

    billyw Guest

    your not really giving much info here
    but try www.practicallynetworked.com
    also the card just plugs into PCI coneector on the motherboard. install the
    drivers and have a look at the above website.

    billyw, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Tom

    Gary - US Guest

    What steps? You need to be a hell of a lot more specific with you requests.

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

    Gary - US, Jul 21, 2003
  5. Tom

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Gary - US" <> wrote in message
    > What steps? You need to be a hell of a lot more specific with you

    requests.

    It's not his fault that his teacher wasn't more specific when he/she set
    that essay for homework

    Andy Foster, Jul 22, 2003
  6. First what OS do you have?
    If you have W2k or XP then all you have to do is make
    sure your system is shutdown, then install your NIC card
    bootup the OS will install it for you. NT4 you had to
    install the manuf. driver, W2k or XP has biuilt in drivers
    for the standard NICs. if you are connected to a Switch
    make sure you set the properties is set the same on both
    sides. from default or auto set the NIC and the switch
    100mpb full duplex and you will have a smooth ride.

    Dave

    Dave Roseblade, Jul 22, 2003
  7. Tom

    Gary - US Guest