Network Card

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bhoona, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. Bhoona

    Bhoona Guest

    Hi,

    I am running win XP on a laptop. I connect through a Draytek 2300 router to
    a cable modem.
    Occasionally the NIC does not pick up an IP from the router. It appears as
    0.0.0.0
    If I repair the conection. It fails.
    If I connect direct to the CM again 0.0.0.0
    Reboots don't work either.
    Ping fails too

    So I decided to disable the DHCP server on the router an assign an IP.
    This time, when I am unable to retriev mail or view the web, I can still
    ping IPs and also www.

    The only way to regain a connection, I need to uninstall the drivers, then
    re-install them, and reboot.
    This sometimes also needs to be done once or twice.

    I know the CM is issuing an IP and I also know the router is.
    I am 99.9% sure its the NIC at fault.

    Any ideas what to do to sort it??
    Thanks in advance,

    Bhoona
    Bhoona, Dec 4, 2003

  2. "Bhoona" <> wrote
    <snip>
    : I am 99.9% sure its the NIC at fault.

    Change the NIC??
    Use.Netuser.de, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Bhoona

    Bhoona Guest

    Its an onboard one.
    I was hoping I didn't have to send the PC back. Last time it was away for 2
    weeks :(

    Bhoona, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Bhoona

    DataSpider Guest

    Whow, about "start, run, ipconfig /renew" Try again.

    DataSpider, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Bhoona

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Just buy another nic and install it.